Saturday, April 28, 2007

Watching my garden grow

It's been about six weeks since I started to work on the garden, and I'm happy to report that there is some progress. After a sudden drop in temperature in late March, the sun has been out and shining brightly. Everything seems to be doing well except for the tulips, which have all died. They were doing fine, I was getting excited but then they suddenly died. I have to do some research to figure out what went wrong there.




One of my neighbours said I can transplant some of her impatiens, they do well in shade and humidity, which is the main state of our little patch. That will be my project for this week. I also found the sunflower seeds and those are starting to come up now. I'm really looking forward to when everything flowers. The Oxalis and Lily of the Valley have already started!

No comments: