Monday, July 17, 2006

Of dreams and photography

I love photography. I've always loved taking photos (which is what led me to scrapbooking: what to do with all these photos?), but that's not quite the same thing. Now that I have had the digital camera for 8 or 9 months, I have discovered a true passion for photography. For being able to capture the beauty that I see around me in the most ordinary things.

I am searching the internet for as much information as I can find to get a better understanding of exposure, and all the little quirks, like white balance, that go along with digital photography. I plan to take a class, either online, or an actual course. (I'm leaning towards online because I have a feeling understanding exposure in French is gonna be hard as heck!).

I now take my camera with me everywhere (sorry honey, I mean our camera!) and I am getting over that feeling of dorkiness when I whip it out to capture shots of just about anything. I figure the worst that can happen is that someone thinks I'm a professional, right?

Speaking of which, I do have dreams of doing this professionally. I read somewhere that many great photographers, like Ansel Adams, had a different career previous to photography. I figure why not me? I am at a crossroads in my career, and this plus scrapbooking could be my chance to take a different direction. You never know right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your niche in the photography world, if you really have a passion for it, go for it, at least this way, you could never say, you didn't try.

Anonymous said...

That is so right, ya never know if ya don't try!!!

savvycityfarmer said...

How's things. . .what's new?

Much Ado said...

I agree, go for it!!! Love the picture!

Robyn said...

Such a cool pic!

Keianna said...

I wish you the best if you decide to go further. I really enjoy your photos and think you have an eye for photography.