Monday, March 27, 2006

Productive weekend

And no I don't mean productive as in "I cleaned the entire apartment, did all my errands, visited friends and spent lots of QT with Lucas" If that were the case the title would be more along the lines of "Oh my God, I can't believe that I cleaned the entire apartment, did all my errands, visted friends and spent lots of QT with Lucas this weekend!" But I digress.

I mean productive as in all the scrapping, and mainly stamping that I got done by taking part in two online events. First the Creating Keepsakes Magazine first ever online crop. It was hosted by Brenda Arnall who gave us four challenges to complete. Because of the time difference I only got the first 2 done. Here's my favourite of the two, the challenge was to use scraps. I originally thought we only had a deadline of one hour to complete and I actually did this layout in about an hour, doodling included which is just amazing!


The other event was the monthly Virtual Stamp Night on Splitcoast Stampers. It started on Friday night but I was too tired to attempt any of the challenges after doing the CK crop so I worked on 4 out of the 6 challenges during the afternoon on Saturday. These challenges did have a time limit: 45 minutes! I even managed to crank out a scrapbook page for one of them. Defiitely not my best work. The event then continued later that day with challenges being posted every 45 minutes. I got seven of them done before calling it a night at 2:00 a.m. my time, and completed the remaining five on Sunday afternoon. Here's a photo of all that I got done, 13 cards, 2 altered projects and 1 scrapbook page.



And incidentally, at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday morning Lucas reminded me that the clocks were going forward, so technically it was 3:00 a.m. I'm not sure why but we go ahead one week before the US so until April 2nd we are now 7 hours ahead of East Coast USA. I'm still trying to get used to the whole idea of time changes, and I'll have to remember to let my Mum know that we are again 6 hours ahead of her. Just when we both got used to it being a 5 hour difference.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

You hid the "bad" one HA HA HA :)