Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lunch with Lucy - Coffee and photos with Jo and Marc

Lucy has been travelling for the last couple weeks so we hadn't gotten together in a while. Since we had a meeting of the Lyon Canon Group this afternoon we decided to eat lunch together first. Lucas and I are currently on a diet (trying not only to lose some weight, but to eat right) and since going to a restaurant would be too complicated she offer to cook lunch. Well I jumped at the chance of course! I think I've mentioned a few times before that she is an amazing cook right? (here for example).

We had a simple, but delicious chicken salad. She marinated the chicken breasts in a special and unique home mix of spices: vanilla, bay leaf, red peppercorns among others. Sauteed red peppers and onions, and served it all over a bed of lettuce.

Who says healthy eating can't be delicious?

Here's the lovely chef
And Sissy even came out to say hello.

After lunch we strolled along the Quai de Saone to Jo's house to meet up with her and Marc and talk photography. We ended up talking a lot more about life in France, but the words aperture, shutter speed and ISO did manage to come up in conversation.


I adored the light in Jo's apartment, so I took some random shots.




There was also quite a bit of talk surrounding these waffly cookies. Anyone wondering if I gave into temptation?

I had a lovely afternoon! Thanks Lucy and Jo. And Marc too!

No comments: