Thursday, January 24, 2008

January is a grace month right?

I mean, nowhere is it written that you're supposed to start doing all the things you plan to do and achieve in the New Year on January 1st. Surely this month is a grace period of planning, getting used to new routines and getting into the groove? I think it would be impossible to start the year off immediately doing everything you've written down as your plan for the New Year. I definitely couldn't, and after the first two weeks of this month I was berating myself that nothing had seemed to change from last year. But then it hit me that I was setting unrealistic expectations for myself (another thing I should work on this year!) and that it takes time to develop new habits. So I cut myself some slack, and am slowly working on some areas; and seeing improvement. So I'm giving you permission to do the same. After all, at any point in time we can strive to do better and start over. So take it easy, relax and enjoy January!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

hey francine (and feel free to delete this post... just needed to get ahold of you)... not to add more tasks to your pile but I have a bin of free goodies for the DT sitting here waiting for you! email me (or bella) please!
thanks,
Leslie

Vivian Masket said...

I couldn't agree more! :)