Thursday, November 22, 2007

Keeping warm

Ok Mother dear, don't totally keel over in shock but I've been eating lots of pumpkin soup! It all started last week when Lucas made a vélouté de potimarron au chataignes - cream of pumpkin and chestnut soup. I was skeptical; but it was delicious (usually the only thing pumpkin I eat are pumpkin pie, pumpkin loaf and pumpkin fritters - all sweet). Last night he made a simple cream of pumpkin soup and it's so good it was my lunch today too. Filling, delicious and warming to body and soul. I tell you marrying this man has made a huge difference to my life, not to mention my eating habits!

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Oh, that's funny--I'm making Smashing Pumpkin Soup tomorrow for dinner (from Saving Dinner). Perfect weather for it! But it's more like stew...

sollie said...

I've been making the same soup in the last 2 weeks too. My bf, Eric, likes it a lot.

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

looks yummy to me. i have never had pumpkin soup but this looks warm and smooth.
btw-- i dont know how close you are to Paris but ... are you guys doing ok? i have read some about the trouble there.