Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring can be such a tease

She really had me fooled. She beckoned me with her little finger and showed me a shy smile while peeking around a corner. I happily chased after her as she ran in between the buildings. I caught glimpses of her green skirt and flowery pink blouse, and even heard a bird or two chirp while following her. I was sure that she would come out to play any minute now. I started getting ready, I tilled the soil, I threw out dead leaves, all while humming to myself.

But suddenly today she disappeared entirely. No smile, no glimpses, no nothing. In her place, freezing rain and dark clouds. I can't believe I fell for it again. But I know that when she comes for good I won't help but forgive her!

3 comments:

sollie said...

Yeah, the same weather over here. Yikes!!! I want the spring back. See you soon, Isolde

Anonymous said...

I am glad to have found your blog, you have a good way with words.

horseygal said...

yep, perfect description of spring!!