Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Getting into a routine

Now that I am scrapping more than just for fun, I really need to get myself into a sort of work routine, with regular hours. You know a schedule. Not something I have had to do for the last three years, so it ain't gonna be easy. A few years back I was using a system called a Time Map, which was developed by Julie Morgenstern, author of Time Management from the Inside Out, and Organizing from the Inside Out. I have read both of these books, and while nothing in the organsation area seems to have stuck, the Time Map was a tool that really helped me during my time at UMass.

So starting tomorrow (I am a procrastinator after all) I will work out a reasonable schedule for work as well as play. After all as a wise person once said "you only have 24 hours in your wallet. How will you use them everyday?"

Wish me luck, will you?

1 comment:

L Vanel said...

Good luck! It is important to have a place and a time to work when you are doing it from home instead of letting it all seep in together. I have found that certain rituals like keeping to specific times for lunch hour, or early outdoor exercise time helps too.