Saturday, June 10, 2006

Braderie

Twice a year my town holds a Braderie, a big street market on the main street. The verb brader in French means to sell at dirt cheap prices, and braderie can be translated as a rummage sale or jumble sale. Today was only the second time I have gone to check it out, and amazingly I only bought two items: a cute t-shirt and a pair of flip flops for the summer. It was fun to walk along the street though, and hear all the vendors calling out their specials (and I got a tingly feeling knowing that I understood what they were saying!).

If you wanted to you could purchase just about anything from panties (as if!) to cars. The vendors come from all over, but the stores along the street also put out specials on the sidewalk, I guess if you can't lick them, join them!

It was a pleasant way to spend a couple hours, not half of which was due to extremely summery temperatues.


2 comments:

Vernell said...

Oh that looks like a fun way to spend a few hours.

Anonymous said...

I love those pink bags on display Francy! I think I would have fun at the braderie :)