Monday, May 08, 2006

Refreshing my creative spirit

The last week or so I've been in a bit of a creative funk. Ideas either aren't coming to me, or when they do, I can't get them transfered from my head and onto my layouts. It's really frustrating. I think though, that the problem is probably information overload. I spend so much time either scrapping, talking about scrapping or going from scrapbook site to scrapbook site that it's all a jumble in there.

I'm thinking what I need to do is to recharge my creative batteries by spending time doing some other crafts. I know how to knit, crochet, I can make candles, I cook and bake (granted not very often), and I love interior decor. Not to mention I have always wanted to write (hence this blog) and I am getting more and more interested in photography.

So from now on I will try to be more balanced creatively. I don't think it's too good to do too much of anything. Yes scrapbooking and paper crafts are my passion, but I think I have a lot to gain by spending time in other pursuits. I'm pretty sure that using other parts of my creative muscle, so to speak, will be a very good thing.

I'll keep you updated :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Missy, you can crochet me a swimsuit for my trip to the islands (smile).

justem said...

I wish I could do something else...I love photography, but that's about the only other thing I can do decently well. Man...if I knit a sweater it'd probably only have one arm!