Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Time is running out

Lucas and I went shopping this evening for some last minute gifts. I finally decided what I wanted to get for my Mum. I won't post what it is precisely but it's classic and French. I think she'll really like it. We also picked up a couple items for my sister and brother-in-law. Yes, they will get their goodies late, but better late than never!

I have to say the shopping experience was very good! I was quite surprised how calm it was just 5 days before Christmas. We went to a smaller mall, but still. No long lines, no crazy crowds, no stressed out salespeople. But it's amazing how different perspectives are. I told Lucas that this was probably my calmest Christmas shopping experience ever and he was surprised. To him it wasn't calm at all! The poor man just wouldn't survive a shoppng trip back home.

He and I haven't bought gifts for each other yet. I'm not sure when that's gonna happen. I might nip out tomorrow to see what I can get him, but of course I still have all our packing to do. We aren't planning to give each other anything big, I think being able to go home is gift enough, but we'd both like to give each other something symbolic (as he puts it) to open on Christmas morning. We talked about waiting till we get to Grenada to go shopping. It might be fun, and we'd probably find each other some very unique stuff that we wouldn't have thought of buying here.

Well off to bed. Very long day ahead of me tomorrow.


"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
Mark Twain

No comments: