Friday, April 06, 2007

Note to self

Always make a note when you have an impending visit from the water company guy, so that he doesn't startle you out of bed with the doorbell at 10:30 a.m. and you greet him bleary eyed while hastily wrapping your robe around you, with your hair sticking up Boondocks style (as Lucas would say). Remember that you need to be awake for at least two hours before your brain can function in French, particularly to give out phone numbers (especially those in the seventies and nineties that require quick mental calculation). Also remember that it is somehow up to you to explain to said water company guy why it is he is there in the first place (huh?) and that the French verb for "to move in" - emménager - is even harder to pronounce with a dry mouth. Lastly and probably most importantly, since the water meter is in the kitchen, remembering this visit would have been useful so that you could have tidied up the place a bit!

That my friends was how my Thursday started. I don't know this man from Adam and will probably never see him again (God willing) but the thought of this incident totally mortified me for the entire day. So much so that I had to wait until 24 hours had passed to write about it. In retrospect though, it is quite funny. Ca, c'est la vie!

6 comments:

Queue_t said...

your word picture is quite funny, I hope you don't ever see him again either.

Vernell said...

hee hee hee - so funny now I am sure. Hope you never see him again LOL,

sollie said...

Oops, that's an embarressing situation.

Anonymous said...

aN UNMARRIED WOMAN WOULD WELCOME ANY SUCH VISIT i AM TOLD.

la lala

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Kind Blogs, and have just been looking around in the archives. I enjoy reading your work, and am going to mention you in my Link Love this evening. Hope you don't mind:-)
Shelly

Holly said...

Love your sense of humor!!!!! Stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed it very much thank you!