Saturday, November 25, 2006

Capturing the Holidays

ok, so every year I always have these great intentions to have a great holiday season. I make lists for cards and gifts, I even manage to get around to making/buying cards, and sometimes getting a couple of them in the mail. I dream about how to decorate the house and tree, and plan to make ornaments for the tree and general decor. Mostly I just dream and plan though, and only manage to execute about 10%.

This year I am trying a different approach, I designed this binder to use as a journal to capture all the lead-up and preparation for the big day.

I love Christmas, I love the feeling of joy and giving and sharing and I want to do it justice and also remember more specifically the little details. My reasoning is this: if I record it all, there might be a better chance of my plans coming to fruition. So here we go, D-Day minus 30!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonne idée Francine!!!

{ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
http://prolix.typepad.fr

Anonymous said...

Nothing EVER gets done around here if it's not written DOWN! Good luck with your execution this year :)

ok..now that DId sound a little odd.but you know what I mean!