Thursday, April 27, 2006

All in the family

My sister Vernell just started her blog, Ole' Talk. In West Indian lingo Ole-Talk (Old-Talk) means Idle chatter; gossip; social chit-chat, mere rhetoric. (source: Dictionary of Caribbean English Usage by Richard & Jeannette Allsopp).

My friend Sheryl-Ann also recently launched her blog Island Girl, Island Life, Big City Life, School Life . Technically she's not family, but we share the exact same birthdate and refer to each other as our twin.

Vernell and Sherl-Ann met when they both attended St. Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia and were roommates for two years. So really, she is practically family.

Drop by and give them a shout out!

4 comments:

Vernell said...

Thanks for the plug sis :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Twin, thanks for the free publicity - you know I like FREE! Is your trojan officially dead now?

Jade said...

Fran,

Vernell's blog is so nice, you linked it twice. I checked it out, and your twin's, too.

BTW, have you heard from Juliet - if not, I need to drop you a line with some news.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the news...I will drop by! BTW...have a great day!