Monday, June 16, 2008

Aye, there's the rub

I have the same fight every morning: I never want to wake up. I lie there between dreams and awakening, fighting off the inevitable, convincing myself that yes, I can snuggle in deeper for another hour or so. But knowing that I really can't, that I certainly shouldn't. Usually the thought of a fresh cup of coffee (delivered to me in bed this morning) helps, and I throw off the covers, greet the yawning kitties and climb down the ladder.

And it occurs to me: maybe this morning fight is related to the night time fighting off of the inevitability of sleep? It seems that as much as I hate to wake up, I also hate to fall asleep and will rage against it, reading into the wee hours until my eyes finally surrender.

It's a vicious circle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Francine! The only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is the kiddos yanking at my feet!
I've had a fun time catching up on your blog - I really admire your work (and just love HMITM, too!).
We honeymooned in Barbados and I just so wish I could have seen more of the island than the resort.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
Lindsey

Unknown said...

Its really amazing
i really love this post
http://www.consumerspk.com/coca-cola-beverages-pakistan-ltd-fined-rs-100000-on-substandard-bottle/